“Great book! I was quickly drawn into the story lines and character development. I really enjoyed how it all came together ...”


Click Here to Read More Reviews









The writing of Paul Gavin featuring novels, short stories, anecdotes, politics and anything else that's on my mind.

Blogroll.net





Saturday, February 18, 2006

My BIG idea

Since I am fairly confident that I am not going to be the one that gets this produced, I am going to share with you my BIG Idea. At least this way, I can claim I can up with this idea first and have written proof that I did. By the way, I claim copyrights on this idea and by posting it I am not waiving any of my rights. No one may use this idea without my express consent.

The idea is to have a weekly, hour-long television show called "Bloggers". The main character will be based on me, of course. So, the plot line is that this 42 year-old guy starts blogging and he joins a blog site that has an interactive area. By blogging daily, he meets 5 other characters that have nothing in common except that they are daily visitors to the blogging site. Every week, the stories are about what the characters do in their real lives contrasted with what they blog. The characters vary in accuracy of blogging what is reality and what is online persona.

Is that an interesting show? I think so, bit anyone can come up with that idea. Here is the BIG part of the BIG idea.

The show producers - ideally this would be me - create the blog site for real. And the characters from the show actually blog all week, according to the show's script for the week. Here's the big hook - anyone that wants to can join the blog. Create their own blogs on the site, interact with the characters - here's the big one - every week the show incorporates one of the public bloggers into the script for the show.

Why would this be commercially viable you ask? Well, first the show would be good. Get it on a network and you pick up all the traditional sponsors. Then you charge $5 or $10 bucks a month for the public to join the blog. Then you sell advertising space on all the blogs.

See! This is a great idea. Interactive TV, combining television and the internet, this idea has it all. It really would work. I have ideas for the first six characters. I know what the web site should look like and what features should go on there. Now all I need is to figure out how to get someone at HDNet, CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, UPN, or the WB to listen to the whole pitch.


Tags: , , ,

Copyright (c) 2006 Paul Gavin. All rights reserved.

Comments on "My BIG idea"

 

post a comment